- Articles should be submitted electronically as PDF or Word format. Electronic submissions should go to: www.39ngrconference.au.edu or www.abacconference2016.au.edu
- Contributed papers are limited to 8 pages including all figures, graphs and tables.
- Submission of an article to the 39th National Graduate Research Conference implies a commitment by the author(s) to present it. In submitting an article to the 39th National Graduate Research Conference, the author(s) vouch that the article has neither been published, accepted for publication, nor currently under review at any other location. The author(s) also agree that the article will not be placed under review elsewhere while the review process at the 39th National Graduate Research Conference is ongoing.
- Once the article is accepted for presentation, the author(s) further guarantees not to withdraw it for submission elsewhere.
- It is the 39th National Graduate Research Conference policy to acknowledge receipt of any article submitted to each and every author, which in the case of a co-authored article means that the 39th National Graduate Research Conference acknowledges each author individually.
The review process is “double-blind.” All identification of authors and reviewers are removed prior to correspondence to insure that each article is judged based solely on its contribution and merits.
Reviewers are chosen carefully on the basis of their expertise. Articles are thus sent to reviewers who are either members of the editorial team or ad hoc reviewers who are experts in one or more of the domains covered in the articles.
Should any revision be requested, our instructions to authors are designed to move authors toward successfully published articles.
In preparing an article for submission to the AU-IGRC2016 & the 39th NGRC, the following format should be followed:
- Please use an A4 paper (21.0 cm x 29.7 cm) and a 2-column format.
- The space between lines is single space.
- No space is needed between subsection headings.
Font Type and Sizes:
- Only Times New Roman font is accepted in the paper.
- Main headings (Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusions, Acknowledgments, References) are set in bold Roman (11 points) typed at the center of a column.
- Minor headings are set in bold Roman (10 points).
- Start a new paragraph by indenting it from the left margin by 7 mm (and not by inserting a blank line)
- Font sizes and styles to be used in the manuscript are summarized in Table 1.
Equations and Chemical Formulae:
- Equations should be numbered serially at the right-hand side in parentheses. In general, only equations explicitly referred to in the text need being numbered. Leave a blank line before and after an equation.
- Chemical formulae should be typewritten, if possible.
- Subscripts and superscripts should be clear.
- Take special care to show clearly the difference between zero (0) and the letter O, and between one (1) and the letter 1.
- For simple fractions use the solidus (/) instead of a horizontal line.
- Insert tables where needed (after and as close as possible to where they are mentioned in the text).
- Tables should be numbered according to their sequence in the text using Arabic numbers (e.g. Table 1, Table 2) and provide a caption for each table.
- Place the caption above the table.
- Vertical lines should not be used to separate columns. Leave some extra space between the columns instead.
- Any explanation essential to the understanding of the table should be given as a footnote at the bottom of the table.
- Insert figures where needed (after and as close as possible to where they are mentioned in the text), if necessary spanning both columns.
- Number them consecutively using Arabic numbers (e.g. Figure 1, Figure 2) and provide a caption for each figure.
- Place caption beneath the figure.
- Leave one blank line before and one after the caption.
- Do not indent or center the caption.
- Only black and white illustrations or graphics are acceptable.
- Photographs should be submitted and scanned as high quality photos.
- Do not submit poor-quality photocopies. If you use half tone (gray-scale) illustrations please keep in mind that there will be some loss in quality due to reproduction.
Check list of full paper:
- Full paper must be written in English. Standard English or American spelling can be used but consistency should be maintained within the paper.
- Make sure that all references mentioned in the text are in the “References”.
- List references in the text by square brackets. The list of references should be given in numerical order at the very end of your manuscripts under the heading ‘References’ as the last part of this sample manuscript.
- Make sure the symbols in the figures are legible at the size likely to be used in the published article.
- Tables should be self-explanatory.
- Indicate the approximate positions of the figures and tables in the manuscript.
- Make sure that the figures and tables are numbered in the order in which they are discussed in the text.
- The manuscript should be checked by all the co-authors prior to the submission, if possible, to eliminate error(s) that may escape your review.
Only manuscripts prepared according to these instructions will be accepted for the publication.